What we do
We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. We won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect.
We are Mind
Every year, one in four of us will experience a mental health problem. But hundreds of thousands of people are still struggling.
We believe no-one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We’ll listen, give you support and advice, and fight your corner.
Mental health Information & support
When you're experiencing a mental health problem, supportive and reliable information can change your life. That's what we do. We empower people to understand their condition and the choices available to them through:
- Our Infoline which offers callers confidential help for the price of a local call
- Our Legal Line which provides information on mental health related law to the public, service users, family members/carers, mental health professionals and mental health advocates
- Our award-winning publications and website, now certified by the Information Standard.
- Our local Minds provide help and support directly to those who need it most. There's a network of around 125 local Minds across England and Wales that offer specialised support and care based on the needs of the communities they support.
Membership and networks
- Our members are at the heart of everything we do. Join us and we'll keep you up to date with opportunities to shape our work.
- We're also developing national and local support networks for anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- Find us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with what we're doing - and how you can take part.
Campaigning for change
- We believe everyone with a mental health problem should be able to access excellent care and services. We also believe you should be treated fairly, positively and with respect.
- We campaign on a range of issues that could affect anybody with a mental health problem. This includes health services; legislation; protection of legal rights, and employment. Join us to campaign for change.
- We can help bring about real change, end discrimination and promote good mental health for all through our training and consultancy. We offer a range of national and local services including workplace training to develop mentally healthy offices, applied suicide intervention skills, Mental Health First Aid and bespoke training sessions.
**ALL DETAILS HERE ARE COPIED FROM THE MIND WEBSITE**
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT THEY DO OR SUPPORT CLICK HERE